The world’s ideology of showbiz will not permit you to comfortably bear your real names on stage. With names like Shakira, Snoop Dogg, 50cent, Ashanti, and many others, you are well on your way to fame and glamour. Most celebrities were not born with the privilege of having cute, sassy names necessary for the glam required in the world spotlight. On the contrary, most of their names have turned out to sound quite silly or just too long to fit.
The truth is that at one time in our lives or even presently we have done the same, on our social media handles in high school. The only difference is that they are famous and we aren’t. But having a cool nickname is a good start to the celebrity lifestyle, you’re just one viral video away from making your already prepared nickname a household name.
Anyway here is a compiled list of the stage names of some of your favorite celebrities and their real names
- Bruno Mars: Born on the 8th of October 1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii, in the United States of America. Bruno is widely recognized for performing in a wide range of musical styles, including rock, pop, disco, R&B, funk, and reggae. His real name is Peter Gene Hernandez.
- Whoopi Goldberg: You might need some whooping if you happen not to know Whoopi Goldberg. Goldberg is an award-winning American actor, author, comedian, and television personality. She was born in Chelsea, New York, United States on 13th November 1955 and her real name is Caryn Johnson.
- Doja Cat: A sassy name for a fierce female singer, Doja was born and raised in Los Angeles. She is 26 years old and her real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini.
- Jay-Z: Recorded as one of the most influential hip-hop artists in history Jay-z is a force to reckon with in the music world. He is married to Beyonce Knowles, also globally recognized as one of the most influential women in music. Together they have three kids. His real name is Shawn Corey Carter.
- Drake: Drake was born in Toronto, Canada, on the 24th of October, 1986. He is popularly known for his rap performance and music styles, which include pop-rap, R&B, hip-hop, and trap. His real name is Aubrey Drake Graham.
- Nicki Minaj: If you are wondering what #breakingthebias looks like, look at Nicki. Her achievements in a line of music where men rule are groundbreaking. She was born on December 8th, 1982 at Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad, and Tobago. She is presently the most followed rapper on Instagram with over 175 million followers. Her real name is Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty.
- Queen Latifah: This Grammy award-winning singer, actress, and rapper were born on the 18th of March 1970, in Newark, New Jersey. One of her most notable achievements was the> Black Reign(1993), whi0ch became the first album by a solo female rapper to receive an RIAA certification, and sired the single “U.N.I.T.Y, which influenced the movement that raised awareness of violence against women and the objectification of Black female sexuality. She has gone ahead to release more albums and play various roles in award-winning movies. Her real name is Dana Elaine Owens
- Jamie Foxx: Jamie is popularly known for his lead roles in award-winning movies. He was born in Terrell, Texas, United States, on December 13th, 1967. His real name is Eric Marlon Bishop.
- Cardi B: Born to a Dominican father and a Trinidadian, Cardi was raised in the Highbridge neighborhood of the South Bronx. As an American hip-hop artist, rapper, TV, and social media personality, her net worth is currently estimated at $24 million. Her real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar Cephus.
- Lil Nas X: Lil Nas rose to fame with the release of his country rap single “Old Town Road”. He is also the first openly LGBT black artist to win a country music association award. He is 23 years old and his real name is Montero Lamar Hill.
- The Weeknd: The Canadian record producer, singer, and songwriter is popularly known for his sonic versatility and dark lyricism which is often inspired by personal experiences. He was born on the 16th of February 1990 and his real name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye.
- Snoop Dogg: Snoop’s fame as an artist dates back to 1992 after he featured on Dr. Dre’s debut solo single, “Deep Cover” and also on Dre’s solo album, The Chronic. He has ever since sold over 23 million albums in the United States and 35 million albums worldwide. His real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
- Vin Diesel: The minute you hear Fast and Furious, the image that comes to mind is that of Vin Diesel. He is one of the world’s highest-grossing actors. His real name is Mark Sinclair.
- Angelique Kidjo: Born on the 14th of July 1960 at Ouidah, Benin, Angelique is an actress, singer, songwriter, and activist. Recognized for her colorful and creative music videos. Her full name is Angelique Kpasseloko Hinto Hounsinou Kandjo Manta Zogbin Kidjo. I believe I’m not the only person glad that she shortened it.